This course takes place on 22nd Feb 2017 from 16:15 – 17:30 at Marischal College and is suitable for School Support Staff.
The course will be:
- Introducing: Aberdeen City Play Policy
- Play Strategy for Scotland
- Care Inspectorate My World Outdoors Document
- Education Scotland – Learning for Sustainability
- Discussing the role of staff in the playground in regards to children’s free play
- How to promote Inclusive play opportunities in the playground. How staff can facilitate free play outdoors
- What is Loose Parts Play?
- How to implement Loose Parts play into the Playground
- Implementing Risky Play, Risk Benefit Assessments, Dynamic Risk Assessments
Participants will gain:
Improved knowledge and skills in play theory, policy and guidance.
Improved confidence to provide opportunities and resources that support active free play in the playground.
To book a place please use the following link: