8th & 9th October 2018
Introduction to Microscope Maintenance
9 – 4pm at North East Scotland College
This 2 day course will include;
- Introduction to using microscopes – parts of a microscope and their function.
- Handling, mounting and care of prepared slides
- Viewing prepared slides – focussing, locating sample, magnifications and fault finding
- Inserting and calibrating an eye piece graticule.
- Preparation and viewing of plant, animal and microbial slides using simple, appropriate staining including oil immersion techniques
- Dismantling microscopes
- Cleaning the optical components
- Cleaning & lubricating coarse focus mechanism
- Re-assembly and adjustment of mechanical parts
- Replacement of bulbs and fuses
- Testing the microscope after servicing
Target Personnel: Secondary science teachers / technicians. Suitable for learners with a limited or no knowledge of microscopy procedures as carried out in an educational context.
To book please use the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-to-microscope-maintenance-and-use-2-day-course-registration-45894665179