Aberdeen City Libraries supports staff employed by Aberdeen City Council and its partners to meet the educational and social developmental needs of children and young people aged 3-18 through Curriculum Resources & Information Service (CRIS) and the network of public libraries across Aberdeen.
A wide range of resources is available through CRIS with books and talking books available through the public library network.
The library service’s Learning Development Team can offer advice and guidance on:
- Continuing professional development for staff involved in education and child development
- Training and advice on developing and designing school libraries, including the use of library management systems
- Training and advice on self-evaluation of school libraries and preparation for inspection
- Advice on the promotion of literacy
- Advice on copyright in education