Please find contact details for our guest speakers:
Diane Anderson – Scots Language Co-ordinator Education Scotland – Diane.Anderson@educationscotland.gsi.gov.uk
Why not join the Scots Blether? http://bit.ly/scotsblether
Jacqueline Adam – Children’s Librarian, Library and Information Service – Jadam@aberdeencity.gov.uk
Marion Cochrane – Literacy Education Support Officer – Education Scotland – Marion.email@example.com
Below is feedback from the meeting, which the team will use to inform our planning and practice:
– Great ideas for promoting Scots language in schools, fun games and ideas that both children and staff will enjoy. Reading challenge is excellent. Children will really enjoy participating.
– Enjoyed Scots input, also Booktrust info useful. Hoping I can make sense of the Ed Scot input, but a lot to process. Interesting re. POLAAR.
– A lot of information and guidance from Education Scotland. Good to have the presentation emailed. Good to know about this Summer’s Record Breakers Challenge.
– I will promote Summer Reading Challenge in my school. Share POLAAR resource.
– Thoroughly enjoyed all input. Scots Language – Lots of ‘food for thought’ and excellent input Book Trust/ POLAAR.
– Fantastic ideas for teaching Scots – suitable for all ages!
– Very relevant presentations, thank you!
– Looking forward to this Summer’s Reading Challenge. Thanks to Jacqueline A.
– It would be useful to know more about Scots resources linked to IDLS.
– Ideas for developing Scots.
– Really enjoyed Scots input – will definitely use ideas from there.
– Book challenge for assembly, use of POLAAR and SALs.
– Liked the input on the Summer Reading Challenge – will definitely be able to promote it.
– Good to have the assessment resources highlighted – will look further at it.
– Loved hearing about the Summer Reading Challenge. Looking forward to engaging pupils before the holidays.
– Meeting on planning, shares. Training for staff in ASG groups. Sharing of resources.
– Results of Active Literacy Audit reported to Literacy Co-ordinators.
– More info re SAL, Learners Statements and Authority expectations on this.
– Could the local authority take more responsibility for letting staff know about new and important documents from Education Scotland.
– Special needs? More relevant information for children with ASN, how to support assessment in Special Ed.