The Scottish Government’s Early Learning & Childcare Inclusion Fund will open to applications at midday on Thursday 31 May 2018.
The ELC Inclusion Fund will provide funding to ELC settings to support children with additional support needs (ASN) in Scotland access their funded ELC entitlement. It will fund staff working in ELC settings to receive appropriate training and fund resources, equipment and adaptations.
The ELC Inclusion Fund is funded by the Scottish Government and managed by Children in Scotland.
The Early Learning & Childcare Inclusion Fund will distribute up to £500,000 in total per annum over four years to selected Scottish registered ELC providers to support children with additional support needs (ASN) to access their funded ELC entitlement and ensure that staff working in their ELC setting receive appropriate training to help them meet the needs of these children.
The intention is that the fund will: • Make ELC settings more accessible for children with additional support needs;
• Result in an increase in the number of ELC staff who are trained and confident to support
children with additional support needs;
• Promote more inclusive learning experiences for children; and
• Ultimately, result in better outcomes for children with additional support needs.
The fund will cover the following:
• Suitable training for staff on relevant courses that address the specific needs of children with ASN and/or related professional learning costs.
• Purchase of specialist equipment and resources (e.g. speech, language and communication aids, sensory equipment etc) to make services more accessible, both physically and in terms of meeting wider learning, developmental and care needs.
• Specific, one-off adaptations to the physical environment. * Funding will not be made available for training/equipment/adaptations that are already provided by the setting as part of their existing budgets/core learning and development provision or that can be funded by the local authority as part of a child’s statutory entitlement.
Applications to the fund for training/professional learning costs can also include costs associated with attendance at the funded course/costs of the professional learning experience, such as travel costs and staffing cover for the training delegate/s.
Funding awards will range from £500 to £1,500 in round one. This funding award range may be reviewed for subsequent rounds of the fund.
ELC providers will need to satisfy six stage one criteria to be eligible for the funding. If all stage one criteria are met then the applicant will be assessed against a further four stage two criteria.
For more information visit:
The Application deadline date for round one of funding will be 5pm on Friday 22 June 2018.